THE ALLAN JEROMEBURRYSCHOLARSHIP
General Board of Higher Education and Ministry The United Methodist Church Office of Loans and
Scholarships P. O. Box 340007
Nashville, TN 37203-0007 E-mail: email@example.com Telephone: 615/340-7344
The Allan Jerome Burry Scholarship is designed to recognize a United Methodist undergraduate student’s outstanding academic performance, leadership skills, and participation in the activities of a United Methodist-related campus ministry or chaplaincy program at his/her college or university. As preference will be given to students engaged in Student Forum, Exploration, National Student Conference CELEBRATE or other UM sponsored campus ministry events on a national or jurisdictional level. The scholarship is named for the former assistant general secretary of the Campus Ministry Section, Division of Higher Education, United Methodist General Board of Higher Education and Ministry. Reverend Burry died August, 1990.
1 The applicant must have been a full, active member of The United Methodist Church for at least three (3) years and be nominated by their campus ministry unit or college chaplain.
2 The applicant may be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States of America, or a member of a Central Conference of The United Methodist Church.
3 Applicant must be enrolled in a full-time degree program.
4 The applicant must have a B+ academic average, provide the Scholarship Office with their most recent academic transcript, and document financial need.
5 Awards are granted for one academic year only. Applicants may be nominated more than one time.
6 The scholarship committee will select the recipient(s) based upon their review of all required documents and funds available. If awarded, the recipient will not have these funds in hand at time of registration. Funds will be sent after receipt of verification of enrollment from the registrar of the school.
7 The award may not be given in conjunction with another scholarship award from GBHEM’s Office of Loans and Scholarships.
Request application from the Office of Loans and Scholarships. Campus minister/chaplain should return completed application form, student’s statement, and completed nomination form to the Office of Loans and Scholarships by March 1st.
DEADLINE: MARCH 1ST
THE BAKER GRADUATE AWARDS
GENERAL BOARD OF HIGHER EDUCATION AND MINISTRY
THE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
OFFICE OF LOANS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
P.O. BOX 340007
NASHVILLE TN 37203-0007 www.gbhem.org
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 615/340-7344
The Bishop James C Baker Graduate Awards are available to a limited number of campus ministers doing advanced studies. These awards are financed out of the United Methodist Student Day receipts and are a part of the United Methodist Scholarship Program.
1. The award may be used for full-time study toward a degree or certification, or in a certified non-degree or independent studies program during the academic year for which the award is made.
2. The applicant must have an M.Div. degree or its equivalent.
3. A minimum of three years professional experience in campus, or similar, ministry is required.
4. The applicant must be improving skills as a campus minister in higher education through advanced study and expect to remain in campus ministry.
5. If the applicant is working on an independent studies program, a detailed description of the program and work being done must accompany the application.
6. The applicant must have been a full and active member of the United Methodist Church for three (3) years or longer.
7. The applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
8. Baker Awards are funded for one year, with an option to reapply. (Baker Award will not be given in conjunction with other awards).
9. The amount of the award will be determined by the Baker Graduate Awards Committee based on their review and funds available. IF AWARDED, YOU WILL NOT HAVE THESE FUNDS IN HAND AT TIME OF REGISTRATION. Funds will be sent after receipt of verification of enrollment from the registrar.
Apply on-line at the GBHEM website www.gbhem.org/scholarshipapplication
specify “Baker Scholarship” on the application
Deadline: March 1