Dear Collegiate Ministry Friends,
In the past year a new Collegiate Ministry team has assembled in Nashville, TN. Through this transition, we are committed to staying connected with you as we serve to advance the ministry of the Church on college and university campuses around the world. Our strategy for success involves each team member focusing on different areas of support for collegiate ministry.
Matthew Charlton is the Assistant General Secretary whose primary ministry is helping guide the overall work of the Collegiate Ministry office. Matt also aids annual conferences and the general church by providing resources and training throughout the global connection.
Sheila Bates is the Director of Student Faith and Leadership Formation. Sheila is tasked with spearheading opportunities like NEXT16 which enables students to grow in their faith, vocational clarity, spiritual depth, and passion for God’s kingdom.
Tim Moore is the Director of Collegiate Ministry Resources and Training. Tim encourages, equips, and empowers university and college chaplains, campus ministers, local ministry boards, and other administrators across the connection.
Over the upcoming months, we are excited to share opportunities to support you in your work; but, we need your help. Please, take a moment to:
- Help us keep our database updated by sending us your ministry’s contact information.
- Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter included in the page footer
- Follow us across our social media platforms @nextumc and @umcollegiate.
- Like UMCollegiate and Imagine What’s Next on our Facebook pages.
- Share with us the vital resources you use in working with college students, church leaders, and collegiate ministries.
Feel free to call or email our office anytime with questions and concerns. As a team, our goal is to support and resource you and students in the vital work for the Church and God’s kingdom. We look forward to sharing with you in this fundamental work of The United Methodist Church.
Matt, Tim, & Sheila